This tutorial will focus on exporting all data from Salesforce Classic. We must begin by logging into our Salesforce account.
If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
1) Click “Setup” in the upper right-hand corner.
2) In the left-hand toolbar click “Data management.”
3) Within the drop-down that appears, click “Data export.”
4) Click “Start Export.”
5) After the export is built and ready for download, it will appear as available for download. You will also receive an email notification letting you know that the export is complete.
6) The export now downloads within our web browser to our “Downloads” folder or our default download location set within the browser.
In the Job menu, select "New" or click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar.
7) In the New GoodSync Job prompt:
- Enter the name for your new Job.
- Select Backup as your Job type.
Next, we must select the endpoints for our job.
8) For the left side of the job within GoodSync, ensure that the options labeled "Select multiple Folders" and "Show Files and Links" are enabled. Find the file that has been exported, select it, and click "Ok."
9) On the right, we can select any endpoint we would like. For our example, we'll use our Google Drive account.
10) Click “Analyze” to confirm that the exported file will be the only file moved. Click “Sync” to commit the sync.
Note: You may read about other GoodSync Job options here.