- How to Export Your Data From Salesforce Lightning
- Creating a Backup Job in GoodSync to Back Up Your Salesforce Data
This tutorial will go over how to export data from Salesforce Lighting and back that data up using GoodSync.
If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
1) First, log in to your Salesforce account. Then, click the gear in the upper right-hand corner.
2) Click “Setup.”
3) In the left-hand toolbar, click the "Arrow" icon to the left of “Data.” Within the drop-down that appears, click “Data export.”
4) On the Data Export screen click “Export Now.”
5) You will then be presented with different export options. Set these options to your specifications and then click "Start Export."
6) After the export is created and ready, it will appear as available for download. You will also receive an email notification letting you know that the export is complete. The export will download within your web browser to your “Downloads” folder, or your default download location set within the browser.
1) Open GoodSync and click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar or, in the Job menu, select "New."
2) In the "New GoodSync Job" prompt enter the name for your new Job. Then, select Backup as your "Job type." Once you are finished, click the “ok” button.
3) Next, select the endpoints for your job by clicking the Left or Right browse buttons at the top of the screen.
4) Ensure that the exported Salesforce data is in a folder, as GoodSync can only select folders for sync and not individual files.
On the left side, find the folder which contains your Salesforce data and select it.
On the right side, you can select any folder you would like as your destination for the backup. For this example, we will use our Google Drive account. To view our tutorial on connecting your Google drive account to GoodSync, click here.
Once you have selected both left and right folders, click the "Apply" button in the upper left.
5) Click “Analyze” and confirm that the data will be moved appropriately.
6) Once you have confirmed that the data will be moved to the destination you selected, click “Sync” to make the proposed changes.
7) When you see the green equals sign between the L and R columns, the sync is complete.
Note: For information on other GoodSync Job options, click here.