This tutorial will focus on exporting all data from Salesforce Classic. We must begin by logging into our Salesforce account.
If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
1) Click on gear in the upper right hand corner.
2) Click on “Setup”
3) In the left hand toolbar click on “Data”. Within the dropdown that appears click on “Data export”
4) Click on "Export Now"
5) Click on “Start Export”
6) After the export is built and ready for download it will appear as available for download. You will also receive an email notification letting you know that the export is complete.
The export now downloads within our web browser to our “Downloads” folder or our default download location set within the browser.
7) In the Job menu, select "New" or click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar.
8) In the New GoodSync Job prompt:
- Enter the name for your new Job.
- Select Backup as your Job type.
Next we must select the endpoints for our job.
9) For the left side of the job within GoodSync ensure that the options labeled "Select multiple Folders" and "Show Files and Links" are enabled. Find the file that has been exported and select it then click "Ok"
10) On the right we can select any endpoint we would like however for our example we'll use our Google Drive account.
11) Click “Analyze” to confirm that the exported file will be the only file moved. Then click “Sync” to commit the sync.
Note: You may read about other GoodSync Job options here.