If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
To backup your pst file:
1) Navigate to the local location listed below in Windows explorer and confirm that your .pst file is located there.
Note: (replace drive with your hard drive letter and <username> with your local username)
2) Once we have located the .pst file we can create a GoodSync job to backup it to any location of our choose (In our example we will be backing up our pst file to Google Drive).
In the Job menu, select "New" or click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar.
3) In the New GoodSync Job prompt:
- Enter the name for your new Job.
- Select Backup as your Job type.
Next we must select the endpoints for our job.
4) Select "Left" and navigate to the location of the PST file that was located in step one.
Check the options labeled "Select multiple Folders" and "Show Files and Links"
Select the pst file desired for backup.
5) Next, select "Right" and set an endpoint of your choosing
(In this example we will select our Google Drive location).
A link to all supported services can be found here
6) Under Job "Options" and the "Advanced" tab, please ensure that the flag marked “Copy locked files using VSS snapshots" is checked. This will allow GoodSync to copy the files while they are still in use.
Click “Save” to confirm the settings.
7) Once we have confirmed the locations and job options chosen we can click “Analyze” and “Sync” to commit the sync.
You may read about other GoodSync Job options here.