NOTE: If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
1) Navigate to the local location listed below in Windows Explorer and confirm that your .pst file is located there.
NOTE: Replace drive with your hard drive letter and <username> with your local username.
2) Once we have located the .pst file we can create a GoodSync job to back it up to any location of our choosing. In our example, we will be backing up our .pst file to Google Drive.
In the Job menu, select "New" or click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar.
3) In the New GoodSync Job prompt:
- Enter the name for your new Job.
- Select Backup as your Job type.
Next, we must select the endpoints for our job.
4) Select "Left" and navigate to the location of the PST file that was located in step one. Check the options labeled "Select multiple Folders" and "Show Files and Links." Select the pst file desired for backup.
5) Select "Right" and set an endpoint of your choosing. In this example, we will select our Google Drive location. A link to all supported services can be found here.
6) Under Job "Options" and the "Advanced" tab, ensure that the flag marked “Copy locked files using VSS snapshots" is checked. This will allow GoodSync to copy the files while they are still in use. Click “Save” to confirm the settings.
7) Once we have confirmed the chosen locations and job options, we can click “Analyze” and “Sync” to commit the sync.
You may read about other GoodSync Job options here.