1) Download the latest version of GoodSync for Mac from our download page.
2) Once the Setup file is downloaded, a link to it displays in the download bar at the bottom of your browser window.
Click the file to view it in Finder, and then double click it to begin the setup process.
3) On the Welcome to GoodSync screen, select your language, and click Install.
4) GoodSync will present you with a screen notifying you that it requires Full Disk Access. Click the "Open Security Privacy Preferences" button.
5) Click the lock icon in the lower left corner and input your user password to unlock it. Then, drag the GoodSync icon from the previous window into the Full Disk Access list.
6) A window will appear notifying you that GoodSync will not have Full Disk Access until it is quit. Click the blue "Quit and Reopen" button. Then, click the "Done" button at the bottom right of the window.
7) On the next page, you will have options to either Log In to your existing account or Sign Up for a new GoodSync account.
Enter the appropriate information, then click the blue "Log In" or "Create Account" buttons.
NOTE: If you are creating a new GoodSync Account, the email must be real as this email will be used for One Time Password (OTP) authentication.
8) Next, you will be prompted to choose a name for your device and select if GoodSync is allowed to serve files from your device or not. By allowing your device to serve files, you will have the ability to sync your data from your PC to other devices that have been registered using your GoodSync account.
Serve files to other devices:
- If this box is checked, GoodSync is able to accept incoming and outgoing requests (for example, you trying to access data on this computer from GoodSync installed on your mobile or any other device).
- If this box is unchecked, GoodSync is able to accept incoming files only and not able to send outgoing files.
Select your preferred setting. Then, click the "Next" button.
9) GoodSync will present you with a window confirming that your Account Setup is complete. Click the "Start Using GoodSync" button on this window.
10) GoodSync will open automatically. You can now begin creating your first GoodSync Backup/Synchronization job.
Click here for a tutorial on Job creation.