Please note that GoodSync for WD is specifically designed to work with WD NAS devices. A WD NAS device is required to use GoodSync for WD.
The following tutorial will detail how to install GoodSync for WD on Windows.
1) Download and install the latest version of GoodSync for WD from here.
2) Next, double-click on the downloaded installer to start the installation process.
3) Choose your installation language and click the “Install” button.
4) A GoodSync account is required to use GoodSync for WD. If you have an existing GoodSync account, you may choose the “Use my existing GoodSync Account” option. If you do not have a GoodSync account, you may create a new account for free by selecting the “Create a new GoodSync Account” option.
You may also manage your GoodSync account(s) here.
5) Next, you will be prompted to select if GoodSync is allowed to serve files or not. By allowing your device to serve files, you will have the ability to sync your data from your PC to other devices that have been registered using your GoodSync account.
Do Not Serve Files from this Computer's drives (Client): GoodSync is able to accept incoming files only and not able to send outgoing files.
Serve Files from this Computer's drives to other GoodSync devices (Server): GoodSync is able to accept incoming and outgoing requests (for example, you trying to access data on this computer from GoodSync installed on your mobile or any other device). For this option, your Windows Password must be provided for permissions and to allow Unattended Mode for Automated Jobs.
Select your preferred setting. Then, click the "Next" button.
6) Review the information in the next window and ensure that it is correct. Then, click the "Close" button at the bottom of the screen.
7) Installation is now complete. For a tutorial on how to create a job in GoodSync for WD, click here.
Interested in a comparison between free and paid versions? Click here!