Please note that GoodSync for WD is specifically designed to work with WD NAS devices. A WD NAS device is required to use GoodSync for WD.
The following tutorial will detail how to install GoodSync for WD on Windows.
1) Download and install the latest version of GoodSync for WD from here.
The installer will normally be sent to your download folder. Double-click the downloaded installer to start the installation process.
2) Choose your installation language and click the "Install" button.
3) A GoodSync account is required to use GoodSync for WD. If you have an existing GoodSync account, you may choose the "Log In" option. If you do not have a GoodSync account, you may create a new account for free by selecting the "Sign Up" option.
NOTE: You may also manage your GoodSync account(s) in the GoodSync Account management console.
4) Enter the appropriate information, then click the corresponding button to proceed.
5) Next, you will be prompted to specify the computer name and choose if GoodSync is to serve files to other devices. Based on this, GoodSync will act either as a server or a client.
"Serve files to other devices" unchecked (Client): GoodSync installed on this computer can make outgoing requests only and cannot accept incoming requests.
"Serve files to other devices" checked (Server): GoodSync installed on this computer can accept incoming requests. You will be able to access data located on the computer from GoodSync installed on your mobile or another device.
Select your preferred setting. Then, click the "Next" button.
6) Installation is now complete. Click the "Start Using GoodSync" button.
For a tutorial on how to create a job in GoodSync for WD, click here.
Interested in a comparison between free and paid versions? Click here.