Backup and synchronization is performed through the concept of a "GoodSync Job"
One GoodSync Job defines: left and right side (source and destination), one-way or two-way sync (backup or synchronization), and set of options configured to fit the needs of this data transfer.
Our example here will show the creation of a simple Backup Job from local desktop folder as a source to Google Drive as a destination. Links for the full list of GoodSync options are available on the bottom of this article.
1) On the Job menu, select "New" or click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar.
2) On the New GoodSync Job prompt:
- Enter the name for your new Job.
- Select Backup or Synchronize as your Job type.
- Hit "OK" button.
3) Click on Left or Right Browse button to get to data selectors.
You can select folders and files for both left and right side from any of the following:
For more information about a particular supported system, click here.
4) Select data on Left and Right side and hit "Apply" button.
Bellow example shows local desktop folder backing up to Google Drive account.
For more information about a supported file systems, click here.
5) Click the "Analyze" button to see the proposed changes.
6) Review the proposed changes and hit "Sync" button.
Your files are now synchronized!
7) Here is a quick quick on other key buttons in GoodSync upper toolbar:
New Group: GoodSync Jobs can be grouped together so same commands can be executed for all jobs in the group.
Account Sync: If Account Sync is turned ON, all your GoodSync Jobs and Server Accounts will be synced (available) on your other devices where GoodSync is installed and registered with our GoodSync Account.
AutoRun: This switch controls the execution of job automation settings.
Options: Here you can set all GoodSync job Options. Read more about all GoodSync job options here.
Auto: Set your GoodSync Job to run automatically. Read more about GoodSync job automation options here.