Backup and synchronization is performed through the concept of a "GoodSync Job"
A GoodSync Job consists of:
- Left and right side (source and destination).
- The job direction (one-way or two-way sync / backup or synchronization).
- The set of options governing the data transfer.
In the example bellow, we will show the creation of a simple Backup Job from a local folder as a source to a Google Drive cloud storage account as a destination.
NOTE: Links for the full list of GoodSync options are available on the bottom of this article.
1) Click the "Job" menu in the top left and select "New," or click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar.
2) On the "New GoodSync Job" prompt:
- Enter the name for your new Job.
- Select Backup or Synchronize as your Job Type. Backup copies files, folders, and their deletions from the left side folder to the right side folder. Synchronize propagates files, folders, and their changes or deletions from left to right and from right to left.
- Make your selection and click the "OK" button.
3) Click the Left or Right Browse buttons to view the files and folders available for selection.
4a) Select the folder you wish to back up to a Google Drive account on the left side. Then, click "Google Drive" on the right side.
4b) You will be prompted to authorize GoodSync to access the Google Drive account you would like to back up to. Complete the authorization.
5) Select the folder you wish to back up to from the authorized Google Drive account on the right side. Then, click the "Apply" button in the upper left.
5) Click the "Analyze" button to see the proposed changes.
6) Review the proposed changes and hit the "Sync" button. The green arrows indicate the direction of the sync.
7) Your files are now backed up. When the data in both the source folder and destination folder are the same, you will see the green "Equals Sign" icon.
NOTE: For more information about a how to connect to a particular supported system, click here.