The following will detail the steps to setup a Mac user to Control Center.
Download the Control Center installer for Mac here:
Navigate to https://jobs.goodsync.com and log in to your company.
Reference your Company ID in the Settings tab of your Control Center. This will allow the installer to point to your particular Control Center instance for connection.
Open a terminal and navigate to the folder where the installer is downloaded. By default, this will typically be in the Downloads folder. The “cd” command can be used to move through your directory structure and the "ls" command can be used to view the contents of your current location.
Once the installer is downloaded and you are in the working directory containing the installer (typically /Users/YourUser/Downloads), ensure that you grant the installer execution permissions with the following command:
chmod +x goodsync-cc-runner-mac.sh
If the command is successful, there will be no result or message shown.
Next, you may run the installer to connect this Mac to Control Center. There are two approaches to user setup:
1) User space - this means that the runner will run only while the user is logged
2) Service - this will allow the runner to run even if the user is logged off
Example of user space setup:
./goodsync-cc-runner-mac.sh /cc-runner=user /cc-coid=11
*Note that the "user" value in /cc-runner=user is not to be replaced with an actual username. E.g. /cc-runner=john is incorrect.
Example of service setup:
./goodsync-cc-runner-mac.sh /cc-runner=service /cc-coid=11 /sys-userid=testrunner
Parameters and Options
- /cc-runner=user Specifies that you want to install User-Space GS CC Runner.
- /cc-runner=service Specifies that you want to install Service-based GS CC Runner.
- /cc-coid=CompanyId sets your Company ID, found on the Settings page on the Control Center UI.
- /sys-userid=macuser user under which Gs Runner service will run.
- /cc-url=ServerUrl sets the CC Server from which this Runner gets Jobs, default https://jobs.goodsync.com/ (only required for self-hosted Control Center)
- /cc-copin=digit-PIN If a Company PIN is set in Control Center, runners must provide correct pin to connect.
- /cc-acct-pwd=password sets Accounts Encryption Password, used to Decrypt Account in Runner.
- /cc-allow-bad-certs Allow CC Runner to talk to CC Server that shows Self-Signed Cert (TLS/SSL).
Once setup is complete, navigate to your Runners tab in Control Center and you will see the device listed.
Click the check box under “Is Authorized” and Save Changes.
You have now successfully connected a Mac computer to Control Center.
If the install completes successfully following these instructions, and the runner still does not appear, ensure that the enterprise-runner.tix file is deleted under the hidden folder /Users/YourUserAccount/.goodsync (a "." is used to denote a hidden folder). Reattempt the instructions and the runner should appear.