First, make sure you have downloaded the appropriate installer for your Linux environment. If you have not downloaded the installer yet, you may do so here.
You will also need a GoodSync Account to activate your installation. If you do not yet have a GoodSync Account, you can review the tutorial for account creation here.
Finally, make sure that you have added your purchased licenses to your GoodSync account so that they may be used for activation. If you have not yet added licenses to your account, click here for a tutorial.
*You must have sudo permissions in order to complete these steps*
1) After downloading the installer, grant the installer execution permissions by running the command below:
chmod +x name_of_goodsync_installer.run
Once permissions have been granted, run the installer by typing "./" followed by the installer name:
2) Press enter to select the default value for "Installation directory", then enter "y" for "Do you want to run GoodSync Connect Setup". Enter your GoodSync Account email and password, and select "y" for "Enable GsServer Web UI on port 11000". These steps are required for activation. Press enter to select the default value for "Server log directory".
3) Enter "y" for "Do you want to configure GsServer service" and press enter to select the default value for "System User ID". Installation is now complete.
4) To confirm if the installation is configured correctly for activation, run the following command:
You should see entries for "0.0.0.0:33333" and "0.0.0.0:11000". If you see entries for "127.0.0.1:33333" and "127.0.0.1:11000", the installation was not configured successfully.
5) Next, enter the following command to enroll your GoodSync account to this device:
gsync /firstname.lastname@example.org **(This is optional)**
"email@example.com" will be your GoodSync account email.
6) Finally, enter "gsync /activate" to activate this installation with the licenses in your GoodSync account.
You may enter "gsync /version" to confirm that the installation is activated. A value will show in the "Platform" field for the appropriate license.