GoodSync Connect allows us to connect many devices such as Android phones to one central account and making backing up any data from those devices very easy. Follow the steps below to add your Android phone to a GoodSync Connect Account and create a backup from that device.
If you need to configure your GoodSync Connect account please click here.
If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
1) Next, on the Android device download and install GoodSync Explorer from the Google Play Store.
2) Open the application once it is installed and tap on "Sign in"
3) Enter your GoodSync Connect Account credentials and tap "Sign in."
4) Tap "Allow" when prompted for access permissions.
5) GoodSync Connect is now configured on your Android device.
Now that we have registered the device with our account we can switch to our desktop installation of GoodSync to finish configuring the backup.
1) In the Job menu, select "New" or click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar.
2) In the New GoodSync Job prompt:
- Enter the name for your new Job.
- Select Backup or Synchronize as your Job type.
3) Select the endpoints for our job.
4) Select the left side and navigate to the DCIM folder on the Android phone.
5) Select the right side and navigate to the location you would like to back up to. Note: in our example, we will use a local folder. For all supported services, click here.
6) Click “Analyze” and “Sync” to run the sync.
Note: to configure the job with automation or other settings, click here.