GoodSync Connect allows you to connect many devices to one central account. This makes backing up any data from those devices easy.
If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
Follow the steps below to add your Android device to a GoodSync Connect Account and create a backup from that device.
Adding Your Android Device to GoodSync Connect
1) On your Android device, download and install GoodSync Explorer from the Google Play Store.
NOTE: For instructions on downloading and installing GoodSync Explorer, click here.
2) After downloading, installing, and creating or signing into your GoodSync account, open the application. You should be on the "Server" tab. If you are not, tap the "Server" tab in the bottom left corner.
3) Tap the blue "Start" button at the bottom of the page.
4) You will be presented with a message asking you to grant permission to manage files on your device to GoodSync Explorer. Tap the blue "Grant permission" button.
5) Tap "Allow" when prompted for access permissions.
6) In order to allow GoodSync Explorer to continue to work while the tablet is locked, you will be asked to disable battery restrictions for the app. Tap "OK" on this message.
7) You will be brought to the "Optimize battery usage" page. At the top of this screen, tap the dropdown arrow next to "Apps not optimized."
8) Select "All" from the menu.
9) In the "All" menu scroll down or use the search function to find GoodSync Explorer, and then tap the blue slider on the right to disable battery restrictions.
5) Your Android device will now be available in GoodSync Connect.
Backing Up Photos From Your Android Device
Now that we have registered the device with our account we can switch to our desktop installation of GoodSync to finish configuring the backup.
1) In the Job menu, select "New" or click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar.
2) In the New GoodSync Job prompt:
- Enter the name for your new Job.
- Select Backup or Synchronize as your Job type.
3) Click the Left or Right Browse buttons to view the files and folders available for selection.
4) On the left side, select "GoodSync Connect" and then click the name of your Android device.
5) Select the "Pictures" folder, or whichever folder holds the data you wish to backup. Then, on the right side, select the folder you wish to back up that data to. Then, click the green "Apply" button.
6) Click “Analyze” to see the proposed changes.
7) Click "Sync" to make the proposed changes.
8) Once you see the equals sign between the left and right folders, your Job is complete.
NOTE: To configure the job with automation or other settings, click here.