- Job Type
- Propagate Deletions
- Fast 1-way NoState NoLock
- Save deleted/replaced files to Recycle Bin, last version only
- Cleanup _saved_ folder after this many days
- Save deleted/replaced files to History folder, multiple versions
- Cleanup _history_ folder after this many days
- Run Parallel Threads in Sync, this many
- Total seconds for for Reconnect attempts
- File Copy Speed Limit in KByte/s
- Max Time To Run (min)
- Display balloon messages
- Create left/right Sync folders if they are not found
- Shutdown Computer After Job Finished
Job Type and File Deletions
Job type can be one of the three choices below:
- Synchronize (2-way): Propagate changes from Left to Right and from Right to Left. Ensures that the content is kept identical on both sides.
- Backup Left to Right (1-way) (default): Propagate changes only from the Left sync folder to the Right sync folder.
- Backup Right to Left (1-way): Propagate changes only from the Right sync folder to the Left sync folder.
If checked, deletions made by the user on one side of the job are propagated to the other side.
If unchecked, deletions are not propagated, and only changed files are propagated.
This modifier applies only to 1-way jobs.
If checked, GoodSync will not use state files and will not lock folders for the sync. It will just copy all changes from source to destination.
If unchecked, the job will run in the regular mode, using state files and folder locks.
This modifier applies only to 1-way Jobs.
NOTE: The Fast 1-way Mode does not use the Recycle Bin. Any files deleted in this mode will be lost.
If checked, GoodSync retains the previous version of any modified file in the "_gsdata_\_saved_" folder on the side of the job where the replacement occurs.
For a 1-way job, this will be the destination folder. For a 2-way job, this will be the source folder. Deleted files will also be placed into the "_gsdata_\_saved_" folder for recovery purposes.
If this option is unchecked, replaced/deleted files are removed permanently.
Only the most recent version of the file (the one just before the current version) is retained.
NOTE: "_gsdata_" is a hidden folder. You must check the "Show Hidden Files" option in Windows Explorer to view the contents of this folder. On Mac, use the GoodSync application menu item "Job" >> "Advanced" >> "Make gsdata visible."
If checked, all files placed in the "_gsdata_\_saved_" folder will be purged after the specified number of days.
If not checked, all files in the "_gsdata_\_saved_" folder will be kept indefinitely.
If checked, GoodSync retains a version for every modification made to a file. These versions are saved to the "_gsdata_\_history_" folder on the side of the job where the replacement occurs.
A timestamp is added to the file name before its extension so multiple versions of the file can be saved.
The directory structure is preserved. Deleted files will also be placed into this folder for recovery purposes.
NOTE: This option cannot be used together with the "Save deleted/replaced files to Recycle Bin, last version only" option.
If checked, all files placed in the "_gsdata_\_history_" folder will be purged after a specified number of days.
If unchecked, all files in the "_gsdata_\_history_" folder will be kept indefinitely.
If checked, then sync will be run using the specified number of parallel threads. Using this option speeds up file transfer for remote servers with high latency. It does not increase speed, however, if your bandwidth is used up by a single-thread sync.
If unchecked or 0, then run sync in one sequential thread.
When it helps: uploading many small files to an FTP, GSTP, SFTP, WebDAV, or another remote server.
When it does not help: uploading several large files to an FTP, GSTP, SFTP, WebDAV, or another remote server.
Total seconds allowed for reconnect attempts when the file system disconnects or returns connection errors.
If the file operation fails after this many seconds of retries, the file system is declared disconnected, and the entire job fails.
If not zero, limit the file copy speed by the specified value in KBytes/sec.
When the average file copy speed in sync exceeds the specified threshold, GoodSync suspends jobs for 1 second until the effective average speed falls below the limit.
If checked and not zero, the limit duration of this job will run to the specified number of minutes. Analyze, sync, or analyze + sync are limited by the specified number of minutes. Both Manual and Auto job modes are subject to this limit if specified.
This option controls if and when balloon (System Tray) messages are displayed.
- Never: Do not display balloon messages.
- On Conflicts and Errors (default): Display balloon messages only when conflicts or errors are detected during analysis or sync.
- On Changes and Sync: Display balloon messages when changes, conflicts or errors are detected during analysis or sync.
If checked, GoodSync will create left/right sync folders if they are not present.
If unchecked, an error message is shown on analyze if the chosen sync folders are not present.
If checked, GoodSync will shut down this computer after the Job has finished syncing with no errors. Both Manual and Auto job modes are subject to this option if specified.