The following use case details the steps for creating a simple backup job between a server and another Windows machine.
1) Set the target Windows machine to listen with GoodSync Connect.
To set a target Windows device to listen for connections from a source computer, open the GoodSync application on the target device. If a job has never been configured, enter a name for a job (e.g. “test”) >> press "Ok."
2) Navigate to Tools >> GoodSync Connect Setup.
3) Select the “Yes” radio button.
4) If you have an existing GoodSync Connect account, you may choose the “Use my existing GoodSync Connect Account” option. If you do not have a GoodSync Connect account, you may create a new account for free.
You may also manage your GoodSync Connect account(s) here:
5) If you would like to allow access to any network shares on the network from connecting devices, you may also provide the Windows password.
6) Click “Apply” to register this GoodSync Connect account to this device.
7) Once the target machine has been set to listen for connections, navigate to the source server >> create the backup job. Ensure that "Backup" is selected for the job type.
8) Select the source and destination folders you would like to specify for backup.
9) For the source folder, choose the “My Computer” file system to select the location containing the data set that should be replicated to the Windows machine.
10) Click the right folder icon to specify the destination.
11) Choose “GoodSync Connect” from the available file systems >> enter the GoodSync Connect credentials that were used to register the other device.
12) This will list the Windows machine currently listening for connections. Select the machine >> expand its file system >> specify the destination folder that will receive the data set from the source server >> click "Ok."
13) Click on the “Auto” tab at top-right to configure scheduling for this job.