GoodSync for Windows:
1) If you installed GoodSync on a PC running Allway Sync, you will be prompted to import your Allway Sync jobs upon the ﬁrst run. Click Yes if you wish to convert your jobs to GoodSync.
NOTE: If GoodSync was installed previously, you may not be prompted to import the Allway Sync jobs on the ﬁrst run. In this case, you can import them using the Tools → Import from Allway Sync menu item.
2) Review the jobs and click Import Job(s) to get your Allway Sync jobs converted to GoodSync.
NOTE: Automation settings for all imported jobs will be disabled. Also, some settings of the Allway Sync jobs may not be imported to GoodSync. Please review the settings of the imported jobs carefully before running them. You can open the job settings using the Job → Options menu item, by right-clicking the job and selecting Options, or using the Alt+O shortcut.
3) Once the job import is done, you will see a conﬁrmation window. Click OK to ﬁnish.
GoodSync for Mac:
NOTE: Migrate of Allway Sync jobs to GoodSync for Mac is only possible after you converted them to GoodSync jobs on your Windows computer.
Once you ﬁnished importing Allway Sync jobs to GoodSync for Windows, there are two options to transfer them to GoodSync for Mac:
1) Using the GoodSync account synchronization feature.
- In GoodSync for Windows, use the Tools → Account Sync Once menu item. You will see a window showing the changes (including jobs) to be synced with your GoodSync account. Click the Sync button.
- Next, in GoodSync for Mac, use the GoodSync → Account Sync Once menu item. Again, you will see a window showing the changes to be synced. Click the Sync button.
- After the sync is ﬁnished, the jobs will appear in GoodSync for Mac.
2) Using the job export and import feature.
- In GoodSync for Windows, use the Tools → Export All Jobs or Tools → Export Selected Jobs menu item to export your GoodSync jobs to a .tix ﬁle.
- In GoodSync for Mac, use the GoodSync → Import Job List feature to import the jobs from a .tix ﬁle.