GoodSync Connect allows you to connect many devices to one central account. This makes backing up any data from those devices easy.
If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
Follow the steps below to add your iOS device to a GoodSync Connect Account and create a backup from that device.
Adding Your iOS Device to GoodSync Connect
1) On your iOS device, download and install GoodSync Explorer from the App Store.
NOTE: For instructions on downloading and installing GoodSync Explorer, click here.
2) After downloading, installing, and creating or signing into your GoodSync account, open the application. Tap the "Server" tab in the bottom of the screen.
3) Tap the blue "Start" button at the bottom of the page.
4) Once you see "Running" in green at the top of the page, the server has been successfully started. Your iOS device will now be available in GoodSync Connect.
5) To allow GoodSync to access your photos, tap "Photo access" in the upper right corner.
6) You will be prompted to provide access to your photos through your device's settings. Tap the blue "Settings" button to be brought to a page allowing you to select the level of access to give to GoodSync Explorer.
7) Tap "Photos" on this page.
8) Here, you can select specific photos to allow GoodSync to access, or can allow GoodSync to access all the photos in your library.
Backing Up Photos From Your iOS Device
Now that you have registered the device with your account you can switch to your desktop installation of GoodSync to finish configuring the backup.
1) In the Job menu, select "New" or click the "New Job Button" in the toolbar.
2) In the New GoodSync Job prompt:
- Enter the name for your new Job.
- Select Backup or Synchronize as your Job type.
Then, click the "OK" button.
3) Click the Left or Right Browse buttons to view the files and folders available for selection.
4) On the left side, select "GoodSync Connect" and then click the name of your iOS device.
5) Select the "Photos" folder, or whichever folder holds the data you wish to backup. On the right side, select the folder you wish to back up that data to. Then, click the green "Apply" button.
6) Click "Options" in the upper right corner.
7) From the column on the left, select the options for the side of the iOS device. In this case, the left side. Check the box marked "No _gsdata_ folder here." Then, click the "Save" button at the bottom right of the page.
You will be prompted to confirm this action, click "Yes" on this prompt.
8) Click “Analyze” to see the proposed changes.
9) Click "Sync" to make the proposed changes.
10) Once you see the equals sign between the left and right folders, your Job is complete.
NOTE: To configure the job with automation or other settings, click here.