Your GoodSync Account is used to:
- Manage your GoodSync licenses and device registration and activation.
- Use GoodSync Transfer Protocol (GSTP) to connect your devices.
- Use GoodSync Cloud Storage (GSCS) to store your files.
With the GoodSync app, a new GoodSync Account can be created either:
A) During the installation of the GoodSync app. Read our tutorial articles on installation here.
B) On an already installed GoodSync app by clicking the "Tools" menu in the top left and selecting "GoodSync Account Setup."
NOTE: If you are using method A start from step 1, if you are using method B start from step 4.
1) Download the latest version of GoodSync for Windows from our download page.
2) Once the Setup file is downloaded, a link to it displays in the download bar at the bottom of your browser window. Click it to begin the setup process.
3) On the Welcome to GoodSync screen, select your language, and click Install.
4) On the next page, you will have options to either enter your existing account information or create a new GoodSync account. Enter the appropriate information, then click the "Next" button.
NOTE: If you are creating new GoodSync Account, the email must be real as this email will be used for One Time Password (OTP) authentication.
5) Next, you will be prompted to select if GoodSync is allowed to serve files or not. Based on this setting, GoodSync will either act as a server or as a client.
Do Not Serve Files from this Computer's drives (Client): GoodSync installed on this computer is able to make outgoing requests only and not able to accept incoming requests.
Serve Files from this Computer's drives to other GoodSync devices (Server): GoodSync installed on this computer is able to accept incoming requests (e.g you trying to access data on this computer from GoodSync installed on your mobile or any other device). Windows Password must be provided.
Select your preferred setting. Then, click the "Next" button.
6) The next screen provides the summary of the GoodSync account created and server option selected. Please review the information presented and click "Close" once done.