GoodSync Account is used to:
- Manage your GoodSync licenses and device registration and activation.
- Use GoodSync Transfer Protocol (GSTP) to connect your devices.
- Use GoodSync Cloud Storage (GSCS) to store your files.
1) In GoodSync Windows app, GoodSync Account can be created:
a) During the installation of GoodSync Windows app. Read full article here.
b) On already installed GoodSync Windows app by clicking on Tools -> GoodSync Account Setup.
Steps described below are the same for both cases.
2) Select "Create New GoodSync Account" options and enter requested data.
Important Note: When creating new GoodSync Account, the email must be real as this email will be used for One Time Password (OTP) authentication.
3) Next step is to select if GoodSync installed on this computer is allowed to serve files or not. Based on this setting, the GoodSync installed on this computer will act as a server or as a client.
Do Not Serve Files, but this computer can call others (Client): GoodSync installed on this computer is able to make outgoing requests only and not able to accept incoming requests.
Serve Files from this Computer to GoodSync clients (Server): GoodSync installed on this computer is able to accept incoming requests (e.g you trying to access data on this computer from GoodSync installed on your mobile or any other device). Windows Password must be provided.
Hit "Next" when done.
4) This screen provides the summary of the GoodSync account created and server option selected. Please review the information presented and hit "Close" once done.