Jobs which run automatically will require Automatic Conflict Resolution to be configured so that they will continue to run even if they encounter a conflict. There are several options that will be discussed within this guide which allow GoodSync to handle conflicts without user interaction. Please follow the guide below to learn more.
1) Select your Job and then click the "Auto" button in the upper right corner to open the Auto tab within Job Options.
2) Next, click the dropdown menu to the right of "Automatically resolve conflicts." Within the drop-down, there are several different options to resolve conflicts automatically:
- Do Not Copy (default value):
Leave Conflicts in unresolved (Do Not Copy) state.
- Left Side Wins:
Files on the Left side win. If there is a conflict, files on the left side will be copied to the right side.
- Right Side Wins:
Files on the Right side win. If there is a conflict, files on the right side will be copied to the left side.
- Newer Files Win:
File with the most recent modification date wins.
- Stop Sync:
Stop Sync when Conflict is detected.
3) If you wish to avoid the "losing" files being deleted, there is a setting marked "Conflict Resolution: Rename Losing File, Not Delete." With this setting enabled along with the Automatically Resolve Conflicts option then GoodSync will not delete the file that loses as a result of conflict resolution. Instead, the file will be renamed to "FileName (Conflicted Copy from COMPUTER on DATE).ext" and stored in both the Left and Right folders.
4) Once you have chosen conflict resolution settings relevant to your job, click "Save" to commit the change.
NOTE: To configure the job with automation or other settings please click here.