First, make sure you have downloaded the appropriate installer for your Windows environment. If you have not downloaded the installer yet, you may do so here.
You will also need a GoodSync account to activate your installation. If you do not yet have a GoodSync account, you can review the tutorial for account creation here.
Finally, make sure that you have added your purchased licenses to your GoodSync account so that they may be used for activation. If you have not yet added licenses to your account, click here for a tutorial.
This tutorial will detail the steps for activation in both online and offline environments.
1) Click on Tools > GoodSync Account Setup.
2) If you have an existing GoodSync account, you may choose the “Use my existing GoodSync Account” option. If you do not have a GoodSync account, you may create a new account for free.
You may also manage your GoodSync account(s) here:
3) Click on "Do Not Serve Files, but this computer can call others". Leave the "Windows Password" field empty and click "Next".
4) Click “Apply” to register the GoodSync account to this device.
5) Next, click on Help > Activate License.
6) Click "Activate with GoodSync Account (recommended)" and click Next. This will activate your GoodSync installation with the appropriate license in your GoodSync account.
7) If activation is successful, you will see a results window similar to the one below. Your GoodSync installation is now activated.
Please note that offline activation is only available for customers with GoodSync Enterprise Workstation, GoodSync Server, or GoodSync File Server licenses.
1) Click on Help > Activate License.
2) Click "Activate with GoodSync Account (recommended)" and select the "Pass data to Activation Server" checkbox. Enter your GoodSync account user id and password in the fields below. Your GoodSync account user id will be your GoodSync account email with dashes instead of special characters (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org will be email-domain-com). Click "Next".
3) You will be provided with a generated offline activation code. Copy this code as you will need it in a moment.
4) Navigate to a computer with internet access and log in to your GoodSync account at https://www.goodsync.com/manage. Once logged in, click on the Licenses tab. Click on "Activate Licenses Via Browser".
5) Enter the offline activation code obtained from the GoodSync application into the field below and click "Activate License".
6) If the correct offline activation code is provided, the page will respond with a second code to be entered into the GoodSync application for activation.
7) Copy this code given by the browser, paste it into the activation field of the offline computer, and click “Next.”
8) If successful, you will be presented with an activation message. Your GoodSync application is now ready for use.