GoodSync Account is used to:
- Manage your GoodSync licenses, device registration, and activation.
- Use GoodSync Transfer Protocol (GSTP) to connect your devices.
- Use GoodSync Cloud Storage (GSCS) to store your files.
1) You can create your GoodSync Account from GoodSync for Mac:
a) During the installation of the GoodSync Mac app. Read full article here.
b) by opening the GoodSync app and Select GoodSync from the upper menu
GoodSync Account Setup.
The remaining steps described below are the same for both the above cases.
2) Select "Create New GoodSync Account" and enter the requested data.
Important Note: When creating a new GoodSync Account, the email must be real as this email will be used for One Time Password (OTP) authentication.
3) The next option allows GoodSync to serve files or not. Based on this setting, GoodSync will be able to allow access to the files on this device.
Do Not Serve Files, but this computer can call others (Client): GoodSync installed on this computer is able to make outgoing requests only and not able to accept incoming requests.
Serve Files from this Computer to GoodSync clients (Server): GoodSync installed on this computer is able to accept incoming requests (e.g you trying to access data on this computer from GoodSync installed on your mobile or any other device). The system user's name and password must be provided for this option.
Hit "Next" when done.
4) The next screen provides a summary of your newly created GoodSync account. Please review the information presented and hit "Close" when done.