If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
NOTE: You will need an HMAC key for GoodSync to access your Google Cloud Storage. For instructions on how to generate it, go to the bottom of this page.
With GoodSync, you can back up and sync to and from your Google Cloud Storage. To do so, follow these steps:
1) Open GoodSync and click the "New Job" button in the toolbar, or, in the "Job" menu, select "New"
2) In the New GoodSync Job prompt, enter the name of your new Job. Then, select "Backup" or "Synchronize" as your Job type.
Click the "OK" button when done.
3) Click the left or right sync folder controls to view the files and folders available for selection.
4) Scroll down, and select "Google Cloud Storage" from the list of supported services on either side.
5) A window will appear prompting you to authorize GoodSync to access your Google Cloud Storage.
Do not edit the "Server Address" field.
In the "Initial path" field, enter the bucket name.
In the "HMAC Access key" field under "Credentials," enter the "Access key" as it appears in your Google Cloud Storage account when generated.
In the "HMAC Secret" field under "Credentials," enter the "Secret" as it appears in your Google Cloud Storage account when generated.
Then, click the "Save" button.
6) After permission is given to GoodSync, your Google Cloud Storage account content will be shown within the GoodSync interface.
7) Select a folder that contains the data you wish to back up or sync on the left side.
On the right side, click "Google Cloud Storage" and select or create a folder on your Google Cloud Storage that you wish to back up or sync to.
Then, click the green "Apply" button.
8) Your Job is now ready to Analyze and Sync.
NOTE: To configure the job with automation or other settings, click here.
How to obtain a Google Cloud Storage HMAC key
1) Log in to your Google Cloud Console account.
2) Click the Navigation menu icon in the upper left corner, and select the "Cloud Storage >> Settings" item.
3) Select the "Interoperability" tab.
4) Scroll down, and click the "Create a key for a service account" button.
5) Select a service account you want to create a key for, and click "Create key."
6) You will see your new HMAC key. The "Access key" and "Secret" for use in GoodSync will be listed.
NOTE: We recommend storing the HMAC key pair in a safe place like Roboform Safenote.
Finally, click "Close."