GoodSync Server for WD NAS allows you to install GoodSync directly on your WD for fast, efficient replication:
* you do not need a separate computer to get to files on the NAS via SMB,
*supports block-level delta copy,
* upload and download are much faster as there is no SMB overhead.
*Requires use of command line and root access (advanced users only).
SSH into your WD NAS.
Download the appropriate installer with the following command:
Ensure that you grant the installer execution permissions:
chmod +x goodsync-linux-armv5_marvell-release.run
Run the downloaded installer:
* /usr/bin can be used in many cases for the installation directory, but the HDD directory /volumes is recommended instead
* Server resource directory can be the same as the installation directory
* Answer "y" to "Enable GsServer Web UI on port 11000"
* Server log directory should also be on one of the HDD /volumes to avoid free space issues
Enter your GoodSync Connect account UserId and Password when requested.
If you do not have an existing GoodSync Connect account, you may create one here: https://www.goodsync.com/gs-connect
Now your NAS will be discoverable by other devices using GoodSync Connect.
You can change GsServer settings after installation by browsing to
Use your GoodSync Connect credentials to log in.
The installer may fail to update-rc.d if the NAS is running Busybox-based firmware.
In this case, use the following command to start GsServer manually: