- Connect to your iOS device via internet or cellular data no matter where it is.
- Sync files between a computer and an iOS device.
- Upload/download files to/from your iOS device.
Install and Configure
- Install GoodSync on your desktop or laptop computer.
- If you do not have an existing GoodSync Connect account, create one here: https://www.goodsync.com/gs-connect
- Start GoodSync Server on the iOS device and provide your GoodSync Connect credentials. This will allow your iOS device to become discoverable so that you may connect to it from other devices.
- From the connecting device, open GoodSync, click on the source or destination folder, go to GoodSync Connect, provide the same credentials from step 3, and press Go. This will list all GoodSync Connect devices under this GoodSync Connect account, including your iOS device.
- You may now sync, download files, and upload files to it. You may also rename, delete and copy files and folders.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much does it cost?
A: GoodSync Server for iOS is free for personal or non-profit use on your iOS device.
Q: Will it consume cellular bandwidth?
A: Cellular data will only be used if the iOS device is not connected to the internet and cellular data use is available/allowed by the user.
Q: Do I really need a GoodSync Connect account?
A: Yes. For security reasons, a GoodSync client can find a GoodSync server only when they belong to the same GoodSync Connect account.
Q: I get 'cannot write' errors when syncing Photo Albums?
A: Photo Albums is by design a read-only location to the GoodSync Server app. When running the GoodSync job from the connecting device, go to Options -> Right side (assuming your iOS device is set as the right side location) and check 'No GsData here'.
Click here for Version News.