If you haven't already, download and install GoodSync.
You will need the following information to set an FTP/FTPS or SFTP server as a source or destination:
- Server Name or IP address
- User name and Password
- Private Key (optional) for SFTP
Setting an FTP or SFTP as a Source or Destination
1) Open GoodSync and select or create your Job.
2) Click the Left or Right Browse buttons to view the files and folders available for selection.
3) Select FTP or SFTP from the list of supported services.
4) Enter the server name into the Server Address field in the format: ftp://domain.com (or for Secure FTP, enter: sftp://domain.com)
5) If you would like to specify a Home folder, you have the option to do so in the Home folder field.
6) Enter your UserID or Email and Password for the server in the specified fields. For Secure FTP users, you may use your Private Key instead of the Password IF you had this setup previously, and you enter the key file's location in the "Private Key" field.
After entering this information, click the "Save" button at the bottom right.
NOTE: You also have the option to test your connection to the server, if you wish, by clicking the "Test" button after you have filled out the other information.
6) Select your source/destination folder on the opposite side, and then click the green "Apply" button.
7) Your job is now ready to Analyze and Sync.